Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A response to my letter

I recently got a response to the letter I sent to the Publisher by William Goldman, and the good news is that I got a response within two weeks of sending the letter. The bad news is that it was not the extra scene, instead it was a letter by William Goldman that detailed that since the early seventies he has been having legal troubles with the estate of S. Morgenstern, the fictional author of the Princess Bride. It was a very funny letter in keeping with the general tone of the novel, and my satisfaction was made only greater by waiting for it, a sensation that is universal in its trueness. I consider this a victory for letter writing.

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to find out you got a letter back, it's pretty amazing after all these years that they continue the practice.

    ReplyDelete