Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Health Class #2 reflection

[This is Late]

I thought the class on tuesday was great, it was an interesting exercise on how to make our lesson plans incorporate physical activity. I also thought the part on the form about academic language was interesting, it reminded me of an experience I had. In the spring I worked at a school with a large number of spanish speaking immigrants. I was in an 8th grade science class, and they were talking about properties of matter. The teacher mentioned that matter has mass and some ELL students were very confused, I talked to them about them later and they asked me, "how does the scale measure how much church is in an object?" That was a really interesting experience and goes to show the importance of thinking about academic language in the planning of lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment