Sunday, February 8, 2015

Smartboards

This week in class I got to learn about smart boards, they are really nifty. My main placement class does not have one, which is too bad. One of my dyad classes had one, and the teacher was able to use it to some good effect in his class. I first thought that smart boards may not be a good use of money or whiteboard space, and I wasn't sure what they do that a whiteboard does not. I learned about some really nice features they provide to the discerning user, such as the ability to layer items, or to write on what is on the screen. Also there is a feature to add equations into the boards quickly and easily, which is nice. I have over time learned to appreciate technology in the classroom more, items like tablets, chromebooks, and Smart Boards are good supplements for the skilled teacher in our industrialized and developed economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment